Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Business Process Improvement Specialist
Your tasks and responsibilities
The Business Process Improvement (BPI) specialist supports the Supply Chain organization through building a culture of
continuous improvement and prioritizing optimization efforts across the region.
This position is an individual contributor
This role 1. Manages and prioritizes optimization efforts in the Supply Chain project portfolio, 2. Works cross functional
in the region to achieve its goaIs, is the link with global (VOLT), and builds and maintains a strong collaboration with the
business leads and financial professionals, and 3. connects, engages and influences to successfully lead change
- Manage the Supply Chain idea and project portfolio. This includes A. assessing the quality of new ideas, placing
ideas into perspective related to existing projects and setting priority; B. giving guidance on project management; C. to
supporting or leading the identification, tracking and reporting of project benefits in partnership with finance and other
members of the organization
- Partner with business leads in the region to built and maintain strong connection and act as primary liaison between the
region and global (Vegetable Optimization Leadership Team, VOLT). also be the linking pin for your peers in the EMEA
Supply Chain Strategy and Operation team and leverage their resources
- Additional responsibilities: Act as project manager for high profile projects
Who you are
- Technical skills: strong analytical skills supported by an excellent understanding of all related business systems and tools
(SAP, BO/BI, Spotfire, MS office, etc…).
- Communication skills: Strong business communication and presentation/reporting skills to share effectively to both
technical and non-technical teams. Comfortable with operating in a high-visibility role
- Strategic skills: understand the wider playing field beyond own function; break down the silos.
- Influencing skills: Enabler with strong desire to break “status quo” through challenging existing (restraining)
conventional views while promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Project leadership skill: knows how to set up and run projects; able to lead cross functional multicultural teams. Leading
- Multiple years in Vegetable Supply Chain with preferred focus on Plant Operations, Quality and/or Production
- Proven track record of successfully delivered process improvement projects
- Expert in working with advanced IT system
- Bachelor of Science with proven track record in relevant areas or Master of Science / PhD degree in the area of biology /
agronomy / horticulture / technology / finance
- 6sigma/lean certification & statistics background
- Proficient in English
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Do you have a question? We are happy to help.