Commercial Breeding Research Associate
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of
Commercial Breeding Research Associate with the ability to work as a member
of the Tomato Breeding Team located in Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands.
The successful candidate will thrive on meeting scientific challenges, insist on high
quality results, demonstrate effective problem-solving skills, and be detail and results
oriented while working in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment. The candidate will
work as part of the breeding team building strong relationships with Bayer Crop Science
managers, peers, and partners.
The incumbent will primarily be responsible for supporting the yield trials activities for
all the heated glasshouse Tomato segments. This is an excellent opportunity to work
with cutting edge technology and talented cross-functional stakeholders seeking
to deliver the best genetics for our vegetable seeds.
· Make detailed observations, analyze data and interpret the results of our yield trials.
· Support the Breeders in implementing all aspects of the breeding program including set up
t trials, hybrid trials and making advancement decisions.
· Update, analyze and assist in management of yield records in our database.
· Coordinate projects with other breeding and support programs.
· Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and contribute to project process within
his/her scientific discipline.
· Assist in planning, budgeting and forecasting resource needs.
Who you are
Master’s degree in Agronomy, horticulture or related fields with 5 years agricultural research
experience. MS in Plant Breeding preferred.
A strong team player but also ability to work independently.
Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices in vegetable agronomy, plant breeding and genetics. Tomato crop preferred.
Effective team leadership qualities including excellent organizational, time management and motivational skills, accurate record keeping and attention to detail.
Computer skills related to data acquisition and analysis, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Comfortable with greenhouse work, sometimes under tough weather conditions.
Wiliness to travel visiting external trials, Driving license-B.
Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in Dutch and English.
· A key position, operating in an international, stimulating and dynamic environment;
· The opportunity to work & develop within a market leading, international, organization;
· A position with an attractive salary and competitive package of benefits.
Do you have a question? We are happy to help.