Internship Discovery Pathology
Your tasks and responsibilities
Req # 01WYA
Internship Opportunity in Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands
(Molecular) Phytopathology Internship for Vegetable Seeds Research and Development
Bayer Crop Science R&D team in Bergschenhoek is looking for a MSc student (M/F) to perform an Internship (Molecular) Phytopathology.
Bayer Vegetable Seeds is specialized in breeding, production and sales of vegetable seeds. Employment at this Bayer division means working for a fast-paced and ambitious company. We encourage individuals to excel in creativity and to show strong decision-making skills, team player mentality and entrepreneurial spirit.
An incredible opportunity to gain broad experience within a market-leading, innovative, multinational company exists. This is a chance to work in a multicultural environment within a highly motivated and professional team; the prospect of career advancement; a chance to build the future that you have always imagined
Your main responsibilities
As Intern (Molecular) Phytopathology, you will support research projects with the aim to improve resistance against pathogens and pests in vegetable crops.
Activities can include, but are not limited to:
· * Develop, improve and validate new pathology bioassay protocols in
· Conduct bioassays in a lab, growth chamber or greenhouse
· Design, execute and interpret disease- or pest-related experiments
· Analyze phenotypic data using statistical tools
· Develop and / or use molecular diagnostic methods
· Review scientific references and apply methods of interest
· Knowledge and experience with plant pathology and molecular methods.
· Have a desire to attain applied research experience.
· Strong communication skills are required.
· Fluency in English, written as well as spoken, is required;
· Description of critical skills: self-motivated, innovative, independent, networker, agility, results orientation.
Experience and qualifications
· Graduate students pursuing a MSc degree in Plant Breeding, Biology, Biotechnology, Plant Pathology or similar field related to Agriculture, who are available for a period of 6 months, starting from September 2019 onwards.
The opportunity to work side by side
with a Bayer Research Scientist and gain practical experience on numerous
research activities within a market leading, international, organization.
Please apply through our website www.monsanto.com/careers, ref. 01WYA.
We will be happy to discuss the topics that are available at the moment of your internship. For more information contact Vivian van Oosten +31 (0) 317468468 or Laurens Bakker +31 (0)10 5292222.
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Who you are
Graduate students pursuing a MSc degree in Plant Breeding, Biology, Biotechnology, Plant Pathology or similar field related to Agriculture, who are available for a period of 6 months, starting from September 2019 onwards.
Functional Area: [sap_fa_10]
Entry Level: 1
Do you have a question? We are happy to help.