Line development Breeding Research Associate
Your tasks and responsibilities
Bayer is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of
The incumbent will primarily be responsible for supporting the breeding activities for the Heated Glasshouse Tomato breeding program. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and talented cross-functional stakeholders seeking to deliver the best genetics for our vegetable seeds.
Assist in management and implementation of all components of a successful tomato breeding program, including crossing blocks, breeding nurseries, line development trials and marker assisted selection projects to incorporate genes for disease resistance and quality traits.
Update, analyze and assist in management of breeding records in our database.
Assist in utilization of all relevant breeding technologies, maintain familiarity with current scientific literature and contribute to project process within his/her scientific discipline, and assist in applying outputs to enhance breeding program effectiveness and efficiency.
Coordinate projects with other breeding and support programs and assist with appropriate allocation of resources directed at the successful development of commercial products for key global market segments.
Assist in coordination and evaluation of trials in major global market segments; take observations and help with interpretation of results to make line and hybrid advancement decisions.
Assist in planning, budgeting and forecasting resource needs.
Who you are
hD PhD degree in Plant Breeding or related field; MS in Plant Breeding or related field with 5 years’ agricultural research experience.
· Broad knowledge of crop production and farming practices in vegetable agronomy, plant breeding and genetics.
· Effective team leadership qualities including excellent organizational, time management and motivational skills, accurate record keeping and attention to detail.
· Computer skills related to data acquisition and analysis, proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
· Comfortable with greenhouse work, sometimes under tough weather conditions.
· Must be able to speak, read, and write fluently in English.
Do you have a question? We are happy to help.