Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Plant Operations High Tech Engineer
Your tasks and responsibilities
The maintenance & facility team is seeking a motivated plant operations high tech engineer, based in Bergschenhoek, he or she will report to the manager maintenance, facilities and engineering.
The role of the plant operations high tech engineer is to ensure successful integration of new technologies, as well as performing daily operational excellence on maintaining these technologies, and deliver support on adopting, using and improving the latest innovations in seed processing through in-depth appreciation of the latest development of high tech tools in the seed processing industry.
The plant operations high tech engineer will work closely with process owners, Plant Maintenance, Global Innovations & Engineering (GIE), Global Production Research (GPR), the EMEA Innovation Enabling (EIE) team and external vendors of processing equipment.
- Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of advanced technologies.
- Develops and owns the training programs and collaborates with internal technology providers (GIE, GPR & EIE) to validate and maintain the training programs and training sign-off
- ISO: Defines and implements standard operating procedures and regular maintenance procedures across multiple production systems
- ESH: Active participation in site safety and ensuring compliance with all safety standards. Including responsibility for radiation safety compliance and execution
- Responsible for spare part inventory and replacement strategy including investment requests, communication with external vendors, developing procedures for minimized downtime and interacting with vendors to ensure continuity
- Process and instrument calibration and validation
- Identifies and prioritizes (process) improvement opportunities and process monitoring & control tools, based on operational data and promotes them persuasively with relevant parties
- Oversees and/or personally installs and finetunes validated enhancements to existing technology
- Develops and reports operational metrics and issue resolutions to EMEA Plant Operations leadership and EMEA Supply Chain leadership teams. Including statistical performance measuring, analysis and comparison
Who you are
5 yrs of relevant work experience, preferably in the Seed Procession technologies
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and electrical schematics, including knowledge of common CAD software packages, includes excellent Labview and/or Matlab skills or equivalent
- Ability to thoroughly document machine troubleshooting, maintenance and operational records
- Mechanical and electrical design experience desired and understands how to deal with control systems, motion automation, pneumatics and safety systems
- Proficiency in Dutch and English
Bayer successfully completed the acquisition of Monsanto in June 2018, bringing together Monsanto’s leadership in seeds and plant traits with Bayer’s leadership in chemical and biological crop protection. By joining forces, we will create even more extensive career opportunities for talent around the world. We’re a global team working to shape agriculture through breakthrough innovation that will benefit farmers, consumers, and our planet.
While we are now Bayer, we will continue to hire using separate career sites until we can integrate our career platforms. We invite you to explore the career opportunities available at the combined company by visiting advancingtogether.com/careers.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now. Job postings will remain open for a minimum of ten business days and are subject to immediate closure thereafter without additional notice. To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.