Vacancy Manager European Parliament and Agricultural Affairs / Bayer / Brussels / Fulltime
JOUW TAKEN EN VERANTWOORDELIJKHEDEN
The jobholder is accountable for Bayer’s relations towards the European Parliament (EP). He/she directs Bayer’s work towards the EP. The jobholder is accountable for assigned programs, projects and issues related to Bayer’s work on agricultural affairs.
- Lead Bayer’s work towards the European Parliament and direct Bayer’s advocacy and reputational activities.
- Act as Bayer’s center of excellence for EU legislative processes with a particular focus on the European Parliament.
- Maintain and build networks with MEPs and other relevant stakeholders in the European Parliament.
- Promote Bayer CropScience and industry activities and advocate Bayer and industry positions through a network of relevant civil servants and regulators at EU level.
- Provide political/issue monitoring services and react / respond as appropriate.
- Organize meetings and events and discuss with key influencers and stakeholders issues and topics relevant to the business.
- Provide concise and on the spot briefings for MEPs, Civil Servants and Commissioners.
- Represent Bayer CropScience interests in relevant groups of trade associations for both Crop Protection and biotech/seed associations (if needed and in conjunction with respective business representatives).
- Communicate and liaise closely with other Bayer Divisions, and global PGA partners.
- Undertake advocacy activities to influence key decision makers.
Key Working Relationships
- Members of the European Parliament and their offices and other relevant staff working for the Parliament and the political groups.
- Politicians, Regulators, Civil
Servants, Scientists, Think Tanks, NGOs, European Crop Protections
Association and other relevant trade associations, other allied
food, farming feed and supply chain industry stakeholders and
associations at Brussels level.
- Internal relationships: PAS BAG, BCS PAS, ECAN. Close relationships with crop protections organizations at global and regional levels.
WIE JIJ BENT
- At least 5 years working experience in a public and governmental affairs environment
- Extensive relevant working experience in the European Parliament
- Deep understanding of the policy processes at European and national level with particular knowledge of the European Parliament
- Fluency in English and good skills in at least one other official EU language
- Excellent communication/persuasion, presentation and representation skills
- Excellent team and inter-personal skills, with autonomy and independence to work effectively in the Brussels political environment
- Ability to build long-term partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
WHAT BAYER OFFERS YOU
At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change. Bayer employees benefit from good employment conditions, such as:
- Excellent salary including extra -legal benefits including a company car
- Performance bonus and year end premium
- 34 vacation days (20 legal days, 12 Work time reduction days and 2 Bayer days)
- Group insurance which contains a defined contribution pension plan, life insurance and disability plan and hospitalization insurance and we also offer Europe assistance.
- An inspiring working environment with professional and committed colleagues
- A successful innovative organization
- Challenges and possibilities to learn and to develop
Interested in this vacancy?
Reach out to us by sending us your cv and motivation letter and clicking the ‘Apply’ button! In case of any questions you can contact Katrien Mertens (firstname.lastname@example.org) via +32 2 535 64 49 or Sanne Op de Beeck (email@example.com) via +32 2 535 63 03.
Do you want to know more about what our people do at Bayer? Check our social wall via https://career.bayer.be/en/teambayerbenelux/ and follow us via #TeamBayerBenelux!
Functional Area: [sap_fa_6]
Entry Level: 5
Do you have a question? We are happy to help.